Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Made it through Round #6

Well, yesterday was my 6th round of chemo and I made it through relatively unscathed.  This is the second treatment with these new meds.  Last time I got extreme chills from the herceptin, this time nothing.  Last time I experienced a lot of aching which went away after about 4 days, but persistent numbing in my fingers and feet still remain from the paclitaxol.  The Oncologist wants me to monitor this to see if it worsens any, as they may have to alter the chemo if it gets where I can't do certain things (like button a shirt or worse).  So now we just wait.  The good thing is I usually feel great until about 2 days after and that is when any side effects will show their ugly head - but I really don't anticipate any of that!

What's next?  Appointment with the surgeon on Friday to get a referral to a plastic surgeon.  Appt with my family doctor for a general visit on Friday as well.  Appt  with the Oncological Naturopath next Wednesday.

In the meantime, just enjoying every moment with my little one.  I'll keep you updated as I know more.  Here is our latest picture!

Go Canucks Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment