- March 2012: The implant that "exposed" was removed mid March 2012 leaving me "one-boobed" for what turned out to be a year and a half.
- Aug 2012: Had my ovaries removed (Oopherectomy) to reduce/remove high levels of estrogen in my body as a pre-menopausal woman.
- Aug/Sep 2012: Began massage therapy to try to loosen up regain any elasticity in my left breast/scar area for re-implantation.
- Sep 2012: visit with my plastic surgeon confirmed that he is not comfortable cutting the radiated skin on the left again. Referred me to Dr. Chris Taylor (Victoria) who does the DIEP surgery with a short"er" wait list.
- Dec 2012: Dad, Keira and I took the ferry over to the Island to see Dr. Taylor who agreed I am a candidate for the DIEP surgery, an 8-10 hour procedure that takes the skin and fat from my belly and transplants it into my chest to make new boobies. Wait time approx 6 months! Recovery time is up to one year!
- Jan 2013: MRI on my spine to rule out mets as I was experiencing tingling/numbness in my hand
- Feb 2013: MRI results "all clear"
- July 4, 2013: Lost a good friend, Shonna, to breast cancer
- Oct 1, 2013: DIEP surgery to have my tummy fat and skin transplanted to make me new boobies
- March 4, 2014: Lost another wonderful person, Beth, to breast cancer
- June 2, 2014: Lost another wonderful friend, Vanessa, to colorectal cancer
- June 28, 2014: Lost another friend, Sylvia, to brain cancer
- July 22, 2014: My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer (partial mastectomy today!)
- Keira started preschool in September 2013 (graduated in June 2014)
- Keira started to fully potty train in October/November 2013
- After Oct, 2013 surgery, my new "girls" are doing great - next step is tattooing
- Keira's first school Christmas Concert (check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f_iMx6r8hc)
- March 2014, first camping trip of the year to Golden Ears (brrrr)
- Bit of a car accident in April 2014 - working it out with chiro and massage
- I turned the BIG 4-0 on April 28, 2014
- Oliver and I got engaged in Whistler on April 29, 2014
- Fire at our shop on May 26, 2014
- On May 27, 2014, I celebrated 4 years "cancer free"
- Many camping trips this season so far - Chehalis, Gold Creek, Birkenhead, Leighton Lake
- July 20, 2014 - Keira turned 4 and Oliver and I celebrated 6 years together
- Aidan has gone off to Europe for 3 weeks on August 6. He will visit London, Cardiff, Paris, Offenberg, Berne, Interlaken, Milan, Florence, Venice, and Rome before he travels back home on August 28th.
- Tear down of the fire damaged building at our shop today
I will try to write more - and tell more of a story rather than a point form update of all the life events we go through day in and day out.