Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you all!  Wow, can't believe it has been nearly a month since my last blog entry.  Where does the time go?

Since I wrote we have had a wonderful Christmas - baby got spoiled, as did I!  We decided to bite the bullet and move on New Years Eve, so we could spend our first day of the new year in the new house.  It's good to start fresh - so we worked our butts off to get things in and it was great.  Keira didn't make it past 9pm, but Aidan, Oliver, and I banged pots and pans at midnight.  We learned that very few of our neighbors get involved in that tradition :)

As for me, I did experience some fatigue and numbing/tingling in my hands and feet after the last round of treatment, but my first round of herceptin only treatment was on January 11th and all seems to be going great.  My hair is still working its way back, but still sporting my hats.  It sure is cold without hair, even when it's warm outside.  I miss my long WARM hair! I've been pretty tired overall lately but with the baby, holidays, treatment, the move, and trying to get the business off the ground, it's not much of a surprise.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature doesn't want to deliver the snow so we are stressing out a bit - but doing our best to keep positive.  It'll come....someday :)

I received a call on Tuesday from the Abbotsford hospital to go in for a pre-admission appointment next Wednesday to prep for surgery on February 7th.  I am not really looking forward to the pain aspect - or the fact holding my little one will be very tough for a while - but I know I will heal and it will be behind me before I know it.

Keira is 6 months old today - and growing like a weed.  She is now eating rice cereal and we have tried carrots, bananas, and apples.  She is pretty cute when we try something new out, and so far she has taken it all without any fuss. We haven't had her weighed since December 6th so I'm guessing she is close to 20lbs. She has her next shots on Feb 8th so if not before, we will for sure know what she weighs then.  I know my arms are getting a good workout :)

Well, we hope you are all enjoying the unseasonably warm weather (I say with gritted teeth).  Have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend - it is supposed to be dry and we may even see the sun.

Bye for now!
Love Kelly, Oliver, Aidan, & Keira

Gramma got me a nice head piece!
Mmmm, my first cereal

All our amazing presents :)

Oh, I could get used to this freedom thing

So fashionable - thanks Aunty Nina!

I've had cereal and carrots and milk..yet I'm still awake

No comments:

Post a Comment